Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Week #6: Thing 15

I have never read the OCLC Newsletter before, and enjoyed meeting the minds of these progressive librarians. As I read the thoughts about where we are now and where we are headed, it is exciting to see how we live (my children and students more than I, but I am catching up) in the Web 2.0 world and yet how awesome the Library's responsibility to keep up! This is not an easy task when the world of an elementary librarian is mandated to be in the box - lesson plans that are time-limited and cost-limited, duties that are administratively limited, and training that is so needed but not given. In cases like these, PSLA has come to the rescue of librarians like me, who long to learn more and keep up even with limited time and limited resources.
I especially enjoyed the writing of Dr. Shultz, who explains the Libraries 1.0 to 4.0, and ends with the cycle closing with people eventually becoming disconnected to find a quiet place - and my quiet place will be with a book, snuggled on a couch, maybe for a few nights anyway...or maybe a kindle 2...

No comments: