Teachers have always used a "wiki" in teaching on a much smaller scale, just not used the term. We collect the knowledge of all of our students and bring in the knowledge of our predecessors as we guide students to new knowledge.
I enjoyed reading all of the wikis, but Valenza's teacherlibrarian wiki was set up to use with ease, and contained loads of info that is pertinent to my job and my interests. I also thought that the Albany County PL wiki was an neat way to collaboratively train new people.
I can imagine using a wiki as a media specialist at mid and secondary levels for sharing book talks and author studies. Also, as a media specialist collaborating with subject area teachers, wikis could be used easily for AP Lit classes and history. I think students would prefer sharing in this way rather than listening to each other's reports in class. Teachers need to incorporate these new tools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment